Home » News
Category Archives: News
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES ABROAD. The Leadership of Independent Transnational Higher Education Institutions.
Edited by Ted Purinton and Jennifer Skaggs A Publication of The American University in Cairo Press
- The manifold challenges and constraints of leading American liberal arts universities based outside the United States.
- Presents valuable lessons from the leadership of American universities in varied cultural settings and in the face of unprecedented circumstances.
- Covers educational institutions across the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia
- University Presidents Call on Washington to Support American Education Abroad
Oct 27, 2009
- AAICU communication on Regional Accreditation
Meeting: April 10 – 12, 2008 Cairo, Egypt – The American University of Cairo
Apr. 10, 2008
To view the pre-final agenda for the upcoming AAICU meeting in Cairo, click here.
- Invitation and Draft Schedule for April 10 Accreditation Workshop
Apr. 10, 2008
As promised at our meeting in London last year, we have organized a one-day workshop on American accreditation issues for the Thursday before our annual meeting in Cairo.
The workshop, presented by Barbara Brittingham and Jean Avnet Morse, is specifically geared to the needs of our association’s presidents and chief academic officers, and will provide an analysis of current policy and legislation affecting accreditation, an overview of the accreditation process, and specific training for chairs and evaluators of visiting teams.
Barbara Brittingham is the Director of the Commission on Institutions of Higher Learning of the New England Association of Colleges and Schools while Jean Avnet Morse is the Executive Director of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Having had the extremely rewarding experience of leading an evaluation team, Andrea Leskes, President of the Institute for American Universities strongly encourages those of you able to attend this year’s conference to invest the extra day in this extraordinary opportunity. You are certain to come away with a much richer understanding of the accreditation process and with a wealth of new insights into advancing and documenting the achievement of excellence in higher education.
Since Jean and Barbara plan to draw on the expertise of participants, could you please drop us a line if you have served on site visit teams for any of the regional accrediting associations, chaired a team, been involved with a self-study in preparation for an accreditation visit, or in any other way taken part in the process of institutional accreditation.
The workshop does not require any registration fee thanks to the generosity of the American University in Cairo, the AAICU budget, NEASC, and Middle States. Since it is important to know how many are coming, please confirm your intention to attend by return e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com no later than March 31.
To view the draft outline of the accreditation workshop, click here.